Monday, November 10, 2008

First Impressions


I just got my hands on Gears of War 2...and it is pure win!

This thing plays like some huge Jerry Bruckheimer flick... the best way I can describe it is Gears 1 meets Call of Duty. Right from the start you feel as though you're part of something bigger than what you were in during the first one.

There's one scene where you're making your way through this abandoned, war torn town...beside you are all these cog troops, and behind you are trailing these huge battle tank thingos. It's like a scene from Band of brothers...but with locust hiding here and there.

That's one more thing about the game...it's taken the fight to an entirely different place. Forests, mountains... huge lakes and rivers.. it all looks beautiful.

And across this beautiful back drop...you get to splatter some serious blood. The guns seem to handle a lot better...and the introduction of pistols and magnums make it so much fun. The Locust drop this new gun that really kicks ass.

One thing I noticed was that a lot of what I had seen in the early reviews were taken from like...the first 20 or so minutes of the game. Wonder if the reviewers cheaped out on us just to get us fast reviews. meh

This game is a lot of fun right off the bat Plus I was lucky to get my self a Limited edition copy. It came with a cool art book, a DVD making of, and some access codes to unlock stuff online.

This game is, so far everything I was hoping for and more... Plus I haven't even tried the multi-player stuff.

This weekend aye MJ?

I'm going back to playing now...my girl friends finished watching Gilmore Girls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeeee!

Sharky said...

double eeeeee!!!!! i tried it for all of 15minutes on Kaos` work pc once...EEEEEEEEEE!!! owesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...