Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I was sick today...

So I decided to stay home and take a break from work. So after spending the morning playing Gears of War 2 with my Girl friend, we spent the afternoon watching a few movies.

First up was Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. I'm a huge fan of the original and even the remake, when I found "The Beginning", I was a bit skeptical... thinking it would be some cheap trick to cash in on the franchise. Man was I wrong. the winning formula of TCM is, in my opinion, a little hard to mess up. So as a fan this was a real treat. Just to watch this genesis of the nightmare was not only freaky, but kinda interesting.


The only down side is, being an origin story... we know that the nasties win and the goodie goodies die horribly. Which seems to be a requiring trend now days anyway.

After the movie I met some mates and then went to the video store, and came back with a little gem called Trailer Park of Terror, (and Madagascar 2...but that was for my girl friend)


Based on the comic book of the same name, Trailer park of Terror was good fun. Zombie looking crazies that rip up a couple of misguided teens who are on their way to some Christian youth camp. With fun special effects, funky characters and a plot thin enough to just talk over and enjoy. The weird thing is, the movie doesn't take it self seriously at all...this makes it hard to feel for the kids being terrorized. But that's cool... after watching the somewhat emotionally tiering Texas Chainsaw earlier, it was a welcome treat.

I'm not sure how true the story was to the comic series, but it looked pretty spot on based on the pics I found online. I'm in the processes of getting the comic now :D

For some reason that I'm finding it hard get the words for, the movie reminded me of 13 ghosts and House of a 1000 corpses.



Horror Club review here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...