Thursday, January 29, 2009

So I've been sick

For the last few days I've been at home, sick in bed.

I both love and hate being sick. I love it cause I get to stay home, but it sucks cause I feel all yuk. When I'm sick though, I like to surround my self with things that I like. Things that make me happy.

Which means lots of peanut butter and jam sandwiches, with tea. Hours of the Beatles playing in the background (it's happy music), and good movies to pass the time.


I'm also playing through Dead Space again...

The other night I wanted to watch something familiar...so my GF and I loaded up the Grudge. Man that movie creeped me out the first time I saw it. To make it worse, I remember that when I went to watch it in the theater there was this little Asian kid running around for some reason. At one point the little brat popped up beside me and I freaked out.

WTF was this little kid doing at a screening for the Grudge anyway? Don't age restrictions mean shit in Fiji?

*Fark...this huge burst of thunder and lightening just happened...was so damn loud. We still have heavy rains and shizz here...plus more parts of the country are flooding up.

Any way...

So today I finally went to the doctors. Set me back a bit... but I got some drugs, which is always fun. So now I'm doped up on something called Loratadine and Clarithromycin.

On the way back from the doctors I decided to stop by the video store... and I picked up a copy of Ravenous, which I love.

AND...as I was leaving I saw a copy of The Monster Squad!

Man, I absolutely loved this movie as a kid. I first saw it back in like 1989 when I was like 7 years old. And I thought it was the coolest movie ever. At the time it was one of the creepiest movies my folks didn't have a problem with me watching.

Watching it now I could see why I fell in love with it. That movie has everything a kid would want in a scary movie. First of all it had not ONE...but a whole cast of the classic Universal monsters. From Dracula and the Wolfman...to The Creature from the Black Lagoon and The Mummy. The plot isn't the most complicated one...but then you don't really need a thick plot for most horror movies... and the characters all slightly cheesy without being off-putting. And the horror movies cliques are all over the place.

I used to think the chracter of Rudy was so damn cool.

Basically these monsters are set loose on the world...and our young heroes have to take them out before they gain the power to let evil rain forever!

I remember after watching the movie as a kid, my friends and I formed our own Monster Squad and started roaming around the neighborhood looking for monsters to slay.

I even kept a journal...in case someone finds it and uses the knowledge I had gathered to stop what evil might come by.

I hope these are helpful.


There were talks of making a Remake of the movie... but I hope this doesn't happen. I think this movie had a time and place...doing it now will totally suck. It might be cool to see maybe a squeal or something, but I don't see this working now days.

But it was nice to get a chance to watch this again... If you haven't seen it, do your inner child a favor and get it.

1 comment:

Thomas Fummo said...

Tha Monster Squad movie looks cool. Are there any zombies in it?

And yeah, the Beatles rocked, rock and always shall... ROCK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...