Saturday, April 10, 2010

Off Topic: Solomon Kane

It was a sweet coincidence to find the trailer for the movie adaption of Robert E. Howard's Solomon Kane online today, as just this morning I had decided to dive into my copy of The Complete Chronicles of Conan.

Solomon Kane kicking ass

I'm not really the biggest fan of fantasy novels in general, but I love the sub genre of Sword and Sorcery, and Conan makes for the best of this genre. I've got quit a lot of his books, and I remember spending hours as a kid thrilled by them.

But when I got my hands on the 'complete chronicles' it was both awesome and daunting.

Housing the full collection of Howard's work related to Conan, the book is massive and can be a real chore to get comfortable with. For that reason I've only ever read it in short portions.

But last night I was reading one of my Lancer editions of Conan (which have the maddest covers by Frank Frazetta), when I decided to check out some of the notes and such from the Chronicle edition, and I haven't been able to put it down since.

Yes my thighs hurt from this thing resting on them, but what the heck.

So today as I was mucking around online looking for info on a new Conan movie I heard was being done, I came across this mad trailer for Solomon Kane.



Kane was one of Robert Howard's earlier characters, and though I hadn't heard much of him as a kid reading Conan, I got into the chracter when I started looking into more of Howard's work thanks to the inter-web. I particularity loved his Dark Horse comics series which was up their with their Conan run.

This movie looks pretty solid, and the review's it's gotten mention some impressive claims.

I guy in a Salem witch hunter out fit... tracking and kicking the shit out of demons and other nasties.

What's not to look forward to?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...