Sunday, June 6, 2010

Film Project: Done with shooting

So yesterday we had the shoot for our up coming zombie short film: Kania Na Yalo Bula (Eat the living)

Man was it mad fun!

We got to the location at about 10 in the morning, had a run through of the shots and then got to work. With the three weeks or so of planning, everything went pretty smooth, but it still ended up being a very tiring day.


But it was the kind of tired I didn't mind at all because it was a lot of fun. My friends who took part in the film went through some serious stuff though, including my girl friend who was our leading lady.

Of all the things the guys had to out up with, I think the worst would have to have been the fake blood. It started off ok, but after filming for like almost 8 hours, that shizz got pretty sticky and very uncomfortable.

But I guess the irritation it provided helped a lot with all the screaming and running (yes running zombies) that was going on. Also because we only had one camera we had to do multiple takes to get the different angles.



At the end I realised that we had a lot of shots, which was good because they would prove very useful when editing.

While we were shooting though, it was apparent how bloody and gruesome our short film actually was, and it left us wondering if it won't too much for the film festival. I've seen some of the stuff they've accepted, which is horrendous in it's own right, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

My buddy Wilson should have a production diary up which in turn I'll link when it's done.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...